Imran Khan (Born 28 May 1984) is a Dutch-Pakistani singer, songwriter, and record producer. He became known in 2007 after his first single Ni Nachleh. Khan was signed to Prestige Records in late 2007, and released the single Ni Nachleh on the label. His second single, Amplifier was released on 13 July 2009, and later several others.
Khan started his career in his late teens. Prestige Records released Khan’s debut single Ni Nachleh. Khan performed in several countries.
Khan’s first released single, Amplifier, was produced by Eren E and was released on 12 July 2009.His second single, “Bewafa,” was produced by Hakan Ozan and was released on 30 November 2009; as of November 2015, the music video of Bewafa had been viewed approximately 11 million times on YouTube.
In July 2009, Khan released his debut album, Unforgettable. It includes the singles “Amplifier”, Bewafa and a remix of his first single, Ni Nachleh.It was nominated for Best Album in the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards but did not win.In 2011, Khan departed from Prestige Records to start his own label, later known as IK Records.
Khan released the single Satisfya on 9 May 2013. Unlike his previous singles, it was released by IK Records. The single was produced by his “Amplifier” music producer Eren E. The music video shows Khan driving a yellow Lamborghini Aventador and sitting with a cheetah. Khan’s “Satisfya” video was directed by David Zennie who had previously directed the blockbuster hit Brown Rang of Yo Yo Honey Singh in 2011.
Khan made his Bollywood debut as a singer for the Hindi film Tevar, which was released on 9 January 2015. As of 2016 the song has over more than 2 million hits.Khan released a single titled Imaginary on 8 June 2015, produced by Eren E. The single was released on his own record label, IK Records. Khan shot the video with David Zennie in downtown Los Angeles. Imaginary’s official music video received 6 million views on YouTube within a month of its release. Khan went on and yet came out with another song called “Hattrick” which has 2 million views in a month.
Unforgettable is Khan’s debut album, released on 27 July 2009 via Prestige Records. It was produced by Eren E and Hakan Ozan. The album has a total of 15 tracks.
- 2007 Ni Nachleh – Imran Khan & Lucky | Produced By Eren E
- 2009 Amplifier – Imran Khan | Produced By Eren E
- 2009 Bewafa – Imran Khan | Produced By Hakan Ozan
- 2013 Satisfya – Imran Khan | Produced By Eren E
- 2014 Let’s Celebrate – Imran Khan ft. Sonakshi Sinha | Produced By Imran Khan
- 2015 Imaginary – Imran Khan | Produced By Eren E
- 2016 Hattrick – Imran Khan Featuring Yaygo Musalini | Produced By Donray
- 2007 Ni Nachleh (feat. MC Spyder) [Eren E. Electro Remix]
- 2007 Ni Nachleh (feat. MC Spyder) [Eren E. Electro Extended Mix]
- 2007 Ni Nachleh (Eren E. Disco Remix)
- 2007 Ni Nachleh (Eren E. Disco Dub Mix)
- Aaja We Mahiya (Infidel Mix)
- Gora Gora Rang (Remix)
The album was nominated for the “Best Album” award at the UK Asian Music Awards 2010 and Won “Best Album” at the 2010 Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
|2.||“Aaja We Mahiya (Come, My Love)”||Eren E||3:52|
|3.||“Hey Girl”||Eren E||3:18|
|4.||“Peli Waar (The First Time)”||Eren E||3:10|
|5.||“Chak Glass (Grab a Glass)”||Eren E||3:08|
|6.||“Nazar (Glance)”||Eren E||3:05|
|8.||“Gora Gora Rang (Fair Skinned)” (featuring Mr. Probz)||Eren E||4:25|
|9.||“Bounce Billo”||Eren E||4:07|
|10.||“Ni Nachleh (Hey, Dance)” (feat. MC Spyder)||Eren E||3:35|
|11.||“40 Pra (Forty Brothers)”||Eren E||3:12|
|12.||“Pata Chalgea (I Have Found Out)”||Eren E||4:45|
|13.||“Bewafa (Unfaithful)”||Hakan Ozan||3:44|
|14.||“Nai Reina (Don’t Want to Stay)”||Hakan Ozan||3:04|
|15.||“Qott Ghusian Da (A Sip of Happiness)” (feat. Shabby)||Hakan Ozan||2:58|
Awards and nominations
- Won “Best Album” at the 2010 Brit Asia TV Music Awards for Unforgettable.
- Nominated for four awards at the 2010 UK Asian Music Awards: “Best Album”, “Best Video” for “Amplifier”, “Best Male Act” and “Best Desi Act”,winning “Best Desi Act”.
- Won “Male Musical Artist of the Year” at the 2010 Anokhi Magazine Awards.
- Won “Young Person of the Year at Successful ” at the 2013 at Pakistan Achievement Awards.
- Won three awards in 2015 from Pakistani Music and Media Awards (PMMA) for best songwriter, best video (for “Imaginary”) and best song (for “Imaginary”).
- Imran Khan won 3 out of 3 awards this year at the BritAsia World Music Awards (BWMA) held in the United Kingdom.
- Imran Khan – Takeover Tour USA (2011)
- Imran Khan – Australia & New Zealand Tour (2011)